For high school aged students:
Insights – During this 30 minute presentation, our presenter will share their lived experience of mental illness, along with signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety and bi-polar disorder. This presentation aims to increase mental health literacy, reduce stigma and promote help seeking for young people.
Our presentation, developed by experts, has been designed to help young people be able to:
• Identify depression from normal mood swings
• Understand types of mental health concerns
• Recognise symptoms of depression and anxiety
• Know when professional help is needed
• Understand treatment options• Feel free and confident to talk about mental health
• Spot and monitor warning signs in themselves and othersOur free, 30 minute sessions are presented by community members with lived experience of mental illness. The presenters speak from the heart, sharing their personal story as well as our expert knowledge.
Time: May 18, 2020 01:30 PM in Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
• This presentation is held completely online.
• We will provide a link to the webinar upon registration, 24 hours and 1 hour before the start time.
• This webinar requires a computer and stable internet connection.
Monday, May 18 2020 at 1:30pm
Monday, May 18 2020 at 2:00pm