The Jewish Suicide Prevention Strategy is guided by the LifeSpan Framework developed by the Black Dog Institute’s WHOLE COMMUNITY APPROACH to suicide prevention. This strategy aims to raise awareness, educate and empower members of the community.
Over a 2 year time frame the project will roll out FREE Mental Health First Aid and suicide prevention training to gatekeepers and general community members, facilitate community events and presentation presentations, grow a network to champion the message of suicide prevention and awareness, strengthen partnerships and create an integrated and co-ordinated response to suicide through culturally appropriate resources and programs.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people
- Lived experience
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People who have attempted suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- Jewish community
- Suicide Prevention Network (SPN)
- Black Dog Institute – LifeSpan Framework
- Eastern Suburbs Suicide Prevention Network
- Suicide Prevention Australia