Kids Helpline is Australia’s only national 24/7, confidential support and counselling service specifically for children and young people aged 5 to 25. It offers counselling support via telephone, email and a real-time web platform.
Kids Helpline is staffed by a professional workforce, with all counsellors holding a tertiary qualification.
Young people contact Kids Helpline about a diverse group of issues ranging from everyday topics such as family, friends and school to more serious issues of child abuse, bullying, mental health issues, drug and alcohol use, self-injury and suicide.
Counsellors provide information and referral to specialist services, ongoing counselling and crisis responses.
Kids Helpline is a service of yourtown.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Children or young people
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people
- LGBTI People
- Lived experience
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People who have attempted suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- People experiencing mental illness
- Regional and remote communities
- Farming communities
- Provides Policy Information
- Conducts Research
- Provides Factsheets
- Non-governmental (NGO)
- Suicide Prevention Australia
- Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth (ARACY)
- Queensland Alliance for Mental Health