yourtown is a charity with services young people can access to find jobs, learn skills, become great parents and live safe happy lives. yourtown believes every young person has the right to a brighter future.
Since 1961, yourtown have tackled issues impacting young people in Australia - including mental health, unemployment, and domestic and family violence. yourtown aims to be part of the solution by delivering services that get results, and offers these at a local and national level.
They include Kids Helpline, training and employment services for young people, parent education and family refuges.
yourtown strongly believe that the voice of young people needs to be heard especially when it comes to plans and policies that affect them.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Children or young people
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people
- LGBTI People
- Lived experience
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People who have attempted suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- People experiencing mental illness
- Regional and remote communities
- Farming communities
- Provides Policy Information
- Conducts Research
- Provides Factsheets
- Non-governmental (NGO)
- Suicide Prevention Australia
- Queensland Alliance for Mental Health
- Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth (ARACY)