Being Herd is a free two-day workshop that empowers young people to give a voice to their story of mental ill health. The workshop brings together a small group of young people aged between 18-30 to learn how to confidently share their lived experience with mental ill health or what it’s been like supporting someone else.
The workshop focuses on highlighting the steps an individual took to get support, what has helped them in their recovery or management of their experiences and how they can share their story in a safe and effective way. After participating in the workshop individuals have the opportunity to undergo further training to become a batyr speaker, sharing their lived experience in structured [email protected] and [email protected] programs.
- Lived experience
- People with a disability(s)
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People who have attempted suicide
- People experiencing mental illness
- Regional and remote communities
- Farming communities
- Education and community engagement
- Lived experience and peer support
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- South Australia